Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_lcap22%The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_lcap13%The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_lcap17%The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_lcap0%The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_lcap9%The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_lcap13%The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_lcap4%The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_lcap9%The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_lcap0%The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArcNitemare

ArcNitemare

Favorite Gem : Peridot

The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! Empty
PostSubject: The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread!   The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 9:16 pm

Good afternoon everyone.I felt it was time for a thread to be made about something near and dear to the heart of the Steven Universe Fandom.Something that whole stories have been written,art has been made,tears have been shed.A Subject of much debate and speculation.I speak of course of Shipping.Who is it you ship and why?

My ships are Steven/Connie and Greg/Jasper

Steven and Connie play off each other really well.Its fitting that she is the sword to his shield because that's how I would describe the pair well.I look forward to seeing more of these two as they develop as a relationship,as well as how they will do in a real fight shoulder to shoulder.

Greg and Jasper.This is more of an oddball pairing,and if it did become canon would come out of left field.And yet I like it. As a character Greg has been through a lot.He has tried to do right by Steven as best he could,and tries to be as supportive as possible even if he worries for him.And yet its clear he is hurting.He hasn't gotten over Rose,and not being able to spend as much time with Steven clearly gets to him.Despite everything Greg has been through he tries his best to remain cheerful.Jasper is his opposite in a lot of ways.Headstrong,abrasive,confrontational.However I think over time if Greg tried to reach out to her he may be able to get through to her.Rose saw something in him after all.And on a personal aside I feel this would help both of them grow as characters.For Greg to finally move forward from Rose' passing,and for Jasper it would show her their is more to Earth then what she thought,as well as a new reason to fight.

I look forward to hearing your ships Smile Strawberry
Back to top Go down
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

PostSubject: Re: The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread!   The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 7:16 am

ArcNitemare wrote:
Greg and Jasper.This is more of an oddball pairing,and if it did become canon would come out of left field.And yet I like it. As a character Greg has been through a lot.He has tried to do right by Steven as best he could,and tries to be as supportive as possible even if he worries for him.And yet its clear he is hurting.He hasn't gotten over Rose,and not being able to spend as much time with Steven clearly gets to him.Despite everything Greg has been through he tries his best to remain cheerful.Jasper is his opposite in a lot of ways.Headstrong,abrasive,confrontational.However I think over time if Greg tried to reach out to her he may be able to get through to her.Rose saw something in him after all.And on a personal aside I feel this would help both of them grow as characters.For Greg to finally move forward from Rose' passing,and for Jasper it would show her their is more to Earth then what she thought,as well as a new reason to fight.

This is indeed interesting! I have never heard of it before and I don't know if I would have even thought of it myself! I am looking at your words and I am trying to imagine it and digest it. I can sort of see it but it's really shaky. When did you first start shipping Greg and Jasper? What gave you the whole "ahhhh" moment with the idea?

I ship a bit of Pearlnet simply because in my current headcanon, our Pearl falls in love with strong leaders. Garnet is currently the leader of the Crystal Gems and pretty powerful and she can be a bit tender with Pearl, which to me, is a nice set up for Pearl being in love with Garnet. I mean, Pearl was so happy to be fused with Garnet and kept wanting to abuse it - moreso than Amethyst would've (keeping in mind Amethyst's words when she explains to Garnet WHY Pearl was abusing her trust to form Sardonyx).

I also ship Amedot. Peridot is totally smitten with Amethyst, more than any other gem. I think Amethyst also has a soft spot for Peridot in return. She was so angry and upset in "Message Received" when she felt like Peridot was going to betray her and the Crystal Gems. She was hurt more than Garnet and Pearl IMO. Amethyst was just as upset as Steven.

And of course, Steven and Connie are a yes from me as well. They're too sweet. Heart
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Brit-chan

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread!   The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 9:34 pm

I don't do a whole lot of shipping in these sorts of shows but I do really like Steven and Connie and the way their relationship has been developed. They are very cute! Plus its nice seeing the girl being the strong protector in the relationship while at the same time they both are helping to protect each other and worse together. Its great.

I've seen a theory about how many Amethyst had a thing for Greg and how the song "Tower of Mistakes" could not only be towards her feelings towards Garnet, but Greg as well. We did have that weird moment where she shape shifted into Rose, almost trying to seduce Greg...It was a really messed up thing to do to Greg but maybe it shows her attraction to him? Even as a really close friend.

The Greg/Jasper theory is really interesting...and certainly is from left field. xD It would be a different turn of events if Greg were to get involved with another gem except this time in a helping, healing manner rather than with someone who was already strong and powerful to begin with.

I can't really ship Garnet with anyone just because she's already a fusion of Ruby and Sapphire's love and is essentially the embodiment of love and their relationship. But omg its why I love Garnet, shes legit an awesome character
Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net
Goldenevil91

Goldenevil91

Favorite Gem : Jasper

PostSubject: Re: The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread!   The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 9:52 pm

I ship Ruby and Sapphire, Steven and Connie, Pearl and Rose, Pearl and Greg, Lapis and Jasper and Greg with Jasper...Do not make me explain why...it would take a while to write explanations to all of those XD
Back to top Go down
http://goldenevil91.tumblr.com/
Bgal

Bgal

Favorite Gem : garnet in general, peridot/amethyst/bismuth/centipeedle if single gems only

PostSubject: Re: The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread!   The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 6:38 pm

Im not much of a shipper. I only really ship ruby/sapphire.
Back to top Go down
Karmic Retribution
Crystal Gem
Karmic Retribution

Favorite Gem : Rose Quartz

PostSubject: Re: The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread!   The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 7:12 pm

I ship Amethyst with MOST characters...

I ship Amedot
I ship Pearlmethyst
I ship Lapithyst...

Amethyst is just too shippable. Dead Strawberry
Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/reliviz
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

PostSubject: Re: The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread!   The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 7:53 pm

I do like Pearlmethyst. V angst. Hurt/comfort and all that Lol Strawberry Lol Strawberry Lol Strawberry
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Bgal

Bgal

Favorite Gem : garnet in general, peridot/amethyst/bismuth/centipeedle if single gems only

PostSubject: Re: The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread!   The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 9:16 pm

as of recently, I grew a liking to mr smiley/mr frowney, and pearl/mysterious girl. and have a soft spot for lapis/peridot/amethyst
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread!   The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Great Steven Universe Shipping Thread!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1