Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_lcap22%Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_lcap13%Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_lcap17%Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_lcap0%Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_lcap9%Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_lcap13%Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_lcap4%Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_lcap9%Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_lcap0%Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe Empty
PostSubject: Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe   Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 8:49 am

This is a thread to talk about unpopular opinions about Steven Universe. You know, the little things you may not like.

But Garnet, Steven Universe is amazing and perfect!

True, but I'm sure we all have little things we don't like in relation to Steven Universe, right? I know I do.

With that said, this thread is to strictly adhere to forum rules. This thread is not a place to spark political discussion, bash others for their beliefs, etc. If any of these things happen, this thread will be removed.

Now, ahem...

Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe 2371672993 I don't really care for Jasper. I don't feel like she's currently an interesting villain at all. I think she's very boring - bad just to be bad. Fighter just to be fighter. It's boring.

Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe 2371672993 Recently, I don't believe Jasper needs a redemption - she should just stay bad. Why? Because Steven cannot save/recruit every single gem he meets into being a Crystal Gem and loving Earth. That is entirely unrealistic and kinda lame. He's an amazing kid but not THAT amazing. We will probably see another gem come around who will be a baddie too - are we just all going to pine after a redemption arc over them as well?

Now, my opinion can change. I thought the same about Peridot and now I love her. Jasper can change - we just haven't seen that change yet. As of now though, she's boring.

Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe 2371672993 I don't care for/like Lars. I have no reason to. Even in "The New Lars", seeing his home life gave me 0 reason to like him. Maybe it even gave me more reason to dislike him.
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Bgal

Bgal

Favorite Gem : garnet in general, peridot/amethyst/bismuth/centipeedle if single gems only

Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe   Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 9:31 am

I don't think that lars one is an unpopular opinion.

anyway

Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe 2371672993 I could never see any romantic interactions between steven and connie. I don't mind it as a couple, I just have problem seeing it. 

Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe 2371672993 I don't hate mayor dewey. Maybe because I seen what a real douchebag mayor father character is like, maybe it's his voice actor. I just find him amusing.

Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe 2371672993 I like that we focus on humans sometimes. It fleshes out the town more, and give us a reason to care about it being attack by homeworld/random gem monsters, outside the basic "well, it's the right thing to do" (not sure if this counts)

Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe 2371672993 I can never take Jasper seriously as a villain. the only exception being to an extent "alone at sea", and I won't be surprised it turns out that jasper was something cause by lapis' power incompetence and wasn't really her. (especially since that personality is contrast to the ones shown in gem hunt/crack that whip)
Back to top Go down

Unpopular Opinions of Steven Universe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1