Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap22%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap13%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap17%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap0%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap9%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap13%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap4%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap9%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap0%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] Empty
PostSubject: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 1:19 pm

Ahhh this was a cute episode! With the return of Jamie! Well, a reimagined Jamie. Anyway, Steven found Buddy's journal and he visited many gem locations and wrote them down in great detail - I hope we will revisit this book and learn about more gem places.

Buddy also met Rose in a desert and she had 7 lions. 7. Lions. Why? Who are they? Where are the rest of them???

My first thought on this is that all the lions are the shards of Pink Diamond.

Why was Rose alone in the desert in the first place??
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Boulder Opal

Boulder Opal

Favorite Gem : Steven

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 2:56 pm

"Rose kept many secrets. Even from us."

Or at least that's what I think Garnet said in Rose's Scabbard.

Rose obviously went off on her own at many points. And so did Amethyst! which shows their independent streaks. But the lions weren't pink. Only OUR Lion is pink. This pack of lions obviously has some significance but we obviously won't find out what significance for a while.. Sadness...
Back to top Go down
http://polkapan.tumblr.com/
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 2:58 pm

True true points. I was focused on them being pink but they were more brown. Rose did something to a lion or inspired someone to look like a lion.
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond

Favorite Gem : All of them <3

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 1:52 am

This was a very cute episode! I liked revisiting all the Gem locations, except for the one Steven didn't recognize? It almost looked like Blue Diamonds carriage thing from The Answer Wow Strawberry

But the return of Jaime was delightful Heart
Back to top Go down
peridottie

peridottie

Favorite Gem : pearl

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 2:52 am

It would be anticlimactic if Rose bred lions to make a pink lion eventually. Not too farfetched. But that still wouldn't explain Lion's powers, so idk.
The idea of Rose breeding lions simply because she wanted a pink one is humorous though aha
Back to top Go down
Pixie

Pixie

Favorite Gem : smoldot

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 5:41 pm

I've read some theories that our lion is a fusion of two or more brown lions.  Maybe Rose's lions are a species of homeworld animals similar to lions, capable of fusion.

Cute episode but I felt the humor was weak, both old and new characters weren't very interesting, the history of Beach City is one of the lesser important parts of the SU mythos (can't say I can rewatch older episodes, see something, and shout, "Buddy's Book changes this!"), and I couldn't shake the feeling this episode existed only to hype unknown future eps.  The part I really loved thou was when Steven and Connie see what Buddy really looked like.  Reminds me of every time I read a book that gets adapted into a movie years later only to have the movie version of the characters look nothing like how I've imagined them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/03 Buddy Book [SPOILERS]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1