Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_lcap22%[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_lcap13%[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_lcap17%[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_lcap0%[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_lcap9%[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_lcap13%[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_lcap4%[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_lcap9%[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_lcap0%[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting Empty
PostSubject: [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting   [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 12:33 pm

So, this topic is a bit dark. Thanks to a theory I saw on Tumblr the other day, the idea of gem creation and gem harvesting go together.

So far, we have no idea how gems are made beyond a machine penetrates the ground, something, a goo? is injected and eventually, out pops a gem after sucking away nearby resources from the Earth.

When Peridot was finally captured by the Crystal Gems, Steven frees her and she sees all the bubbled gems. And she says "Oh my stars! You're going to HARVEST ME?!"

What does harvest mean?

Basically, this theory suggests that "gem goo" is made from living sacrifice. If you've seen FMA (I haven't), the theory suggests it's similar to the method used to make homunculi and the philosopher's stone. To help support this idea, the theory says:

"According to the official sourcebook, The Guide To The Crystal Gems, gems have their own DNA, but given that they don’t reproduce sexually you might be wondering why we don’t know how they extract said DNA to make gem goo.

The only explanation is that gem goo’s creation method is a major plot twist, and in fact it’s probably the exact same plot twist as the creation method for the philosophers stone!"

What are your thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Goldenevil91

Goldenevil91

Favorite Gem : Jasper

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting   [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 3:44 pm

It's possible they crash defective gems - like those who don't fit 100% to home world standards of looks of gem stone and functioning if gem in general - modify them and make next ones.

Also it was suggested in many places that stone we see on this injectors in kinder garden look like philosophers stone and kinda have their specific functions that allow make gem stoners.

In FMA philosophers stone were made by sacrificing like 5-10 people to make them and honestly I don't see why not home world wouldn't have such horrifying methods to achieve their goals.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenevil91.tumblr.com/
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting   [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 9:49 am

I also wanted to add that someone suggested that the creation of gems is very similar to the way viruses work in real life and it just...fits so well, so logically, that it's probably how gems are made and why they need to be made on life sustaining planets.

Read more here.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Peridorito
Crystal Gem
Peridorito

Favorite Gem : PERIDOT AND STEVEN

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting   [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Yeah, I am kinda into this theory. And the lingering fact that an episode named 'Gem Harvest' is coming up... it has me worried!! O_O
Back to top Go down
Goldenevil91

Goldenevil91

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting   [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 8:52 am

Yeah and Peridot's reaction at the sight of bubbles in temple rather shows Harvesting isn't nice thing
Back to top Go down
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Sardonyx

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting   [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 10:57 am

I think that the whole DNA thing makes a lot of sense and I was beginning to wonder about that as well. I think a lot is going to be revealed soon especially since it looks like Yellow Diamond has sent Ruby scouts to find and locate Jasper. (hehe good luck finding her!)
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Goldenevil91

Goldenevil91

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting   [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 11:41 am

A plot twist would be Rubies actually finding a gem on Neptun -extra points for being that gem an other Jasper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting   [Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Theory] Gem Creation and Harvesting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1