Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_lcap22%[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_lcap13%[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_lcap17%[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_lcap0%[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_lcap9%[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_lcap4%[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_lcap9%[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_lcap0%[Discussion] Rose Quartz I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

[Discussion] Rose Quartz

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

[Discussion] Rose Quartz Empty
PostSubject: [Discussion] Rose Quartz   [Discussion] Rose Quartz I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 8:25 pm

So we don't have a thread on general Rose Quartz chitchat so now we will!

What do you think of Rose Quartz as a character? Pearl looks at her like she's the holy grail of all gems but we're getting different messages about her throughout the series. It's quite interesting to line the pieces up and look at the bigger picture of Rose. In fact, let's do that. Let's look at what we know about Rose:

[Discussion] Rose Quartz 2371672993 She was a powerful gem
[Discussion] Rose Quartz 2371672993 She was a warrior
[Discussion] Rose Quartz 2371672993 She was a loving gem
[Discussion] Rose Quartz 2371672993 She had a hybrid child
[Discussion] Rose Quartz 2371672993 She loved all life, not just gems
[Discussion] Rose Quartz 2371672993 She is mysterious
[Discussion] Rose Quartz 2371672993 She is incredibly sensual

This is an interesting combination and something I'm not used to seeing in media. Rose Quartz being a beautiful, all life-loving gem that also enjoyed being a sensual woman. There is no doubt that she was a sexual being. Pearl even confirmed it in Mr. Greg. Pearl sings that Rose had men come and go in her life. If you need further confirmation of Rose being a sexual being, rewatch the Rainbow Quartz episode, We Need to Talk. I'll seriously bet that if Pearl and Greg got along, they would've had a threesome, easy.

What do you think of that though? A gem, a woman, painted with a purity light is looking less and less "pure". A female character who is basically looked at like a messiah who is enjoying what it meant to be a woman.
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Pearl
Moderators Diamond
Pearl
Moderators Diamond

Favorite Gem : Pearl and Amethyst <3

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Rose Quartz   [Discussion] Rose Quartz I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 9:01 pm

She's SO interesting. I want to know everything about her. I love that she's shown as being sensual and just full of love for everything and all things. It's so intriguing that she is shown to have such interest and joy in humans and their lives when most other gems are either uncaring or find them distasteful. I also really like that she has a lot of puffy frilly things to her design, but there's no doubt that she was incredibly powerful and even perhaps a tactician and a warrior. It's a beautiful mix, I love it <333

I want to know more about her, why must she always be mysterious? Angry Strawberry
Back to top Go down
http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Rose Quartz   [Discussion] Rose Quartz I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 11:44 am

Because sadly making Rose mysterious makes us eat the series up. But she's definitely special.

I like the idea of a character being "pure hearted" but also...not "pure", in terms of enjoying what it means to be a human. I mean, when you think of a pure hearted character, you think of, well, Steven. He's a cinnamon roll too good for this world. And Rose is...well, she's a good gem but flawed and sensual. You don't usually think of that when you think of a cinnamon roll.
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Goldenevil91

Goldenevil91

Favorite Gem : Jasper

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Rose Quartz   [Discussion] Rose Quartz I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 10:43 am

I hope we will learn soon more about Rose. We were shown few reasons why she has so many secrets and that they aren't pretty. But I don't belive she's a 'bad person' I rather say she made few bad....reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallly bad choices and she did felt bad about things she have done....but I don't like that now Steven has to face consequences of her actions
Back to top Go down
http://goldenevil91.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Rose Quartz   [Discussion] Rose Quartz I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Rose Quartz
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1