Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_lcap22%Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_lcap13%Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_lcap17%Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_lcap0%Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_lcap9%Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_lcap13%Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_lcap4%Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_lcap9%Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_lcap0%Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea Empty
PostSubject: Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea   Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 4:34 pm

Another good ep with Lapis and surprise, surprise, Jasper (she literally was a surprise)!

This episode mostly talked about the importance of staying out of an unhealthy relationship. Lapis is still going through some PTSD and it turns out that she enjoyed being Malachite and seemed to be addicted to it. Then we have Jasper just show up like BOOM and is ALSO addicted. So they're BOTH ADDICTED! What does this mean? Certainly this spells out trouble, right?

WRONG! I was super proud of Lapis! But now she's going to suffer even MORE mentally because Jasper was calling her a monster, basically solidifying what she was saying to Steven. And solidifying that Lapis DID in fact give in during Super Watermelon Island when they stop saying "we" and start saying "I".

It used some classic abusive scenarios, such as the abuser coming back, asking for another chance and saying "I've changed!" blah blah. But luckily in the end, Lapis was strong enough to say no to Jasper and even protect herself, Steven, and Greg. Which is amaze because I seriously thought she and Jasper were going to become Malachite again since they both loved it.

Power corrupts. We know that. We saw that with Sugilite. We low-key saw it with Sardonyx. Now we have Malachite.

Great great message for kids and adults alike.

Last edited by Garnet on Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Boulder Opal

Boulder Opal

Favorite Gem : Steven

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea   Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 4:54 pm

I'm glad they brought up the addiction side of things cause that seemed apparent to me when viewing Ruby and Sapphire in Hit the Diamond. They were not NEARLY as comfortable separate as they are when they are together. And this is the Crewniverse showing that too much of one thing ALWAYS has the possibly of becoming unhealthy. (I say possibility because I do not think Garnet is unhealthy) It's a hard lesson that took me years to learn but the world really is a Ying and a Yang fish swimming together Kitty Strawberry
Back to top Go down
http://polkapan.tumblr.com/
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea   Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 6:26 pm

Boulder Opal wrote:
I'm glad they brought up the addiction side of things cause that seemed apparent to me when viewing Ruby and Sapphire in Hit the Diamond. They were not NEARLY as comfortable separate as they are when they are together.

Well, I would figure it's because they love each other so much and enjoy being one because of that love, not so much because they feel powerful. So I think Ruby and Sapphire are different Smile Strawberry

Boulder Opal wrote:
And this is the Crewniverse showing that too much of one thing ALWAYS has the possibly of becoming unhealthy. (I say possibility because I do not think Garnet is unhealthy) It's a hard lesson that took me years to learn but the world really is a Ying and a Yang fish swimming together Kitty Strawberry

Definitely!

I also just realised... I'm totally unsatisfied with Jasper appearing out of nowhere. She fell into a fissure. She has no business randomly "following" Lapis Lazuli. That's not how that should work. It feels more random than anything else. Angry Strawberry
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Bgal

Bgal

Favorite Gem : garnet in general, peridot/amethyst/bismuth/centipeedle if single gems only

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea   Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 6:42 pm

and didn't she fell unconcious inside a crater last time we saw her?
Back to top Go down
Boulder Opal

Boulder Opal

Favorite Gem : Steven

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea   Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 6:45 pm

Bgal wrote:
and didn't she fell unconcious inside a crater last time we saw her?

Yeah, they could have shown how she got there but I guess she's not going to be that big of a character. (or is she..?? O.o)
Back to top Go down
http://polkapan.tumblr.com/
PearlQuartz17

PearlQuartz17

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea   Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 8:56 pm

I'd give this episode a 7/10, 8/10 if we're being generous.

I can say that I do respect Lapis more than I did, because she isn't weak-willed anymore. She's stronger, and she managed to refuse Jasper's offer (which is a classic abusive scenario). I do like her for that.

Jasper's sudden appearance out of the blue (see what I did there?) was definitely unexplained, and doesn't seem to make sense, but seeing her addicted to fusion is a nice touch. I'm wondering if she becomes obsessed with Lapis and begins to lose her sanity. Perhaps that's what corruption is: mental illness of a sort, like monomania.

But yes, I did enjoy this episode, and I would re-watch it. Not the best, but a good 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond

Favorite Gem : All of them <3

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea   Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 11:24 pm

This episode was really interesting. Honestly Jaspers return wasn't too much of surprise but Lapis punching her to Tim-Buck-Two was a very nice touch 10/10 would punch again Lol Strawberry

The fact that the Crew is touching on abusive relationships and that saying no to your abusee is hard but better than giving in is amazing to me because too often we see media (books, movies, tv shows, etc.) show abusive relationships as healthy and it's not good at all for the younger generations mentality. Like, my friend works with a high school girl who is so paranoid about her boyfriend and about other girls seducing him that if she doesn't know where he is 24/7 she freaks out. And if he's even just talking to some random girl she freaks out. Society has taught our kids that if your a woman you constantly have to fight to keep your man and if your a man you have to have the hottest girl or your not manly enough. And when mentalities like this crop up, so do unhealthy relationships. So it makes me happy that the Crew is digging into the meat of this unhealthy relationship between Jasper and Lapis and showing A) it's ok to hurt after an unhealthy relationship is over because even if it was unhealthy, it was still a relationship. And B ) saying no to your abuser is much better than giving in to them.

So yeah. All in all, this episode made me happy. Heart
Back to top Go down
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Sardonyx

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea   Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 11:06 am

Jasper is so crazily abusive, attempting to make Steven turn against Lapis by making her out to be a monster. Sure, could she have done some not so nice things in her past? Definitely, but people change. 

I'm so proud of her for saying no and telling Jasper to back off. I hope this is the first step in her recovery.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea   Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steven Universe 3/14 Alone at Sea
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1