Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_lcap22%['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_lcap13%['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_lcap17%['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_lcap0%['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_lcap9%['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_lcap4%['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_lcap9%['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_lcap0%['Theory] Black Diamond  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

['Theory] Black Diamond

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Sardonyx

['Theory] Black Diamond  Empty
PostSubject: ['Theory] Black Diamond    ['Theory] Black Diamond  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 1:03 pm

Found this gem on tumblr here

['Theory] Black Diamond  Tumblr_inline_obsow7cHhr1rvzy2b_500

Ever since “Bismuth” aired and subsequent episodes revealed more plot details, I’ve been going absolutely insane trying to find answers to all of these questions I’ve had. (Spoilers under the cut)

Why did Rose shatter Pink Diamond? How and where does this fit into the timeline of the Rebellion that we’re familiar with? Did Bismuth know Rose shattered PD, or was she told by Garnet and Pearl before Steven poofed? 

Honestly, I’m not able to find many good answers to these. But by re-watching episodes and reading theories on Tumblr and Facebook, I’ve found something that I’m wholeheartedly hoping is true:

Black Diamond.

So the thing is, what parts of the show could anyone even possibly theorize that Black Diamond exists from? She’s never been mentioned–so what even would she be?

My theory is that Black Diamond is a fusion between the three existing Diamonds: White, Yellow, and Blue. The “nuke” put out by the Diamond Authority seems a little bit too, uh, OP for a single gem (yes, even White Diamond) to be able to utilize. 

Certainly one of the closest things we’ve seen to a “nuclear blast” of sorts is the gem missile Alexandrite shot off in “Super Watermelon Island” to separate Malachite. It’s nowhere close to the attack that the Diamonds shot out to end the rebellion and corrupt the gems, but it certainly shows that very powerful attacks are most likely the work of multiple gems in a fusion.

['Theory] Black Diamond  Tumblr_inline_obsohpDQDV1rvzy2b_500

['Theory] Black Diamond  Tumblr_inline_obsohv41wt1rvzy2b_500

But how does one super-powerful attack denote the work of a fusion–and where do you even get the idea of a “Black” diamond from, anyhow?

The new Diamond Authority logo–the one that is used by modern Homeworld.

['Theory] Black Diamond  Tumblr_inline_obsolbpbQz1rvzy2b_500

As you can see, the three diamonds are arranged in an anti-triforce logo, with a single point overlapping in the center into the shape of a black diamond. Since this symbol for the Authority was developed after the war, wouldn’t in make sense that their insignia honor Black Diamond, the summation of the complete power of the Diamond Authority, that ended the rebellion?

Further, during “Serious Steven,” the murals painted on the ruins show Rose Quartz blocking an attack from a Diamond; however, there’s something a little off about that Diamond…

['Theory] Black Diamond  Tumblr_inline_obsot1WCGm1rvzy2b_500

She looks like White Diamond…but the gem that is displayed in the mural isn’t on her forehead–it’s on her chest. And after looking at the murals for Yellow Diamond and Blue Diamond at the Moon Base, it’s distinctly obvious that this Diamond isn’t them, either. So who could it be?

['Theory] Black Diamond  Tumblr_inline_obsowi0h6H1rvzy2b_500

This statue appears in the very same episode–a quite triangular figure with its palms framing the gem on its chest, while another gem rests on top of its forehead. Around it rests of a bunch of pyramid shapes, that seem to move on its command–much like the figure in the mural pictured above. If the three current Diamonds were to fuse, their gems would only be in two places–the forehead and the chest…

I theorize that after Rose shattered Pink Diamond, the remainder of the Authority was consumed by grief for their fallen comrade and vowed revenge–but when destroying them handily in full-out war didn’t quite work the way they wanted, they decided to eliminate it once and for all by unleashing their ultimate attack: a blast sent out by none other than Black Diamond. As it was assumed that the blast destroyed the Crystal Gems fully, the fusion was honored as a symbol of the Diamond Authority’s supreme power by being placed in their insignia.

This is a lot of speculation on my part, but it’s definitely food for thought.

I find this theory to be pretty interesting especially because we saw centipeedle draw black diamonds which was an interesting choice of colour and one that I think was very deliberate. 
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond

Favorite Gem : All of them <3

['Theory] Black Diamond  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ['Theory] Black Diamond    ['Theory] Black Diamond  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 5:39 pm

I've seen similar theories to this that point to Black Diamond being the one who sent out the corruption blast or song or whatever and I have to agree. They make a good point that sending out an energy big enough and strong enough to corrupt anything in it's path is too over powered, even for a Diamond.

I sincerely hope this theory is true!
Back to top Go down

['Theory] Black Diamond
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1