Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_lcap22%SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_lcap13%SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_lcap17%SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_lcap0%SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_lcap9%SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_lcap13%SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_lcap4%SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_lcap9%SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_lcap0%SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack Empty
PostSubject: SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack   SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 8:58 am

I have an appreciation for this episode, which Pizzabunzzz explained best in her rewatch thread:

pizzabunzzz wrote:
Ok so one thing that has become glaringly obvious to me is how much Steven has matured throughout the series. Like yeah I already knew that, but it's strange to see how immature and childish he really is at the beginning.

Cheeseburger Backpack is a good example. If they had gone to the Sea Spire in later episodes, Steven NEVER would have forgotten the little moon lady statue. It would have been his top priority because since he's been more active with the CGs, he's seen just what kind of ramifications come from his being irresponsible on missions. But then again, if he hadn't have forgotten and had not seen the consequence of watching the Sea Spire crumble, he wouldn't be as mature as he is in the later episodes. So it's a sort of double edged sword. I think the Crew does a really good job of showing that, just like life, immaturity and ignorance have it's consequences but those consequences make you learn from your mistakes and grow.

This. This sets Steven up in a really great way to allow him to develop and grow and shows that he really wants to try. As much as he is goofy Steven at this point, he wants to be some sort of asset to the gems. Plus, as "serious" as it was, it was still a great, lighthearted episode.

I also really liked Pearl in this episode, where she was reading too much into their situation and overcomplicating it. It's a very "me" thing and it made me laugh a lot.
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Brit-chan

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack   SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 5:26 pm

I like this episode too and thats a good analysis of Pizzabunzzz! I also like how the whole episode its Steven basically getting over confident with himself and how he really CAN do Gem stuff but then...oops. Its a good growth episode. Kitty Strawberry

also...CHEESEBURGER BACKPACK CHEESEBURGER BACKPACK! XD
Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond

Favorite Gem : All of them <3

PostSubject: Re: SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack   SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 7:25 pm

Ever since I rewatched this episode I've kind of wanted to buy a cheeseburger backpack XD

Also thanks! I'm glad you liked what I said! Smile Strawberry

Another thing I really liked about this epsiode is how the Gems doesn't berate Steven when he messes up. When he throws the raft into the water and it floats away Garnet shrugs it off and makes the path and is like "It's ok your idea was good too." And Amythest is like "you can't win them all" which I think is another good lesson because it's true. Your not gonna win or succeed at everything and that's ok. It's ok to fail sometimes as long as you learn from it.
Back to top Go down
Karmic Retribution
Crystal Gem
Karmic Retribution

Favorite Gem : Rose Quartz

PostSubject: Re: SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack   SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 12:05 am

Lapis Lazuli wrote:
Ever since I rewatched this episode I've kind of wanted to buy a cheeseburger backpack XD

Also thanks! I'm glad you liked what I said! Smile Strawberry

Another thing I really liked about this epsiode is how the Gems doesn't berate Steven when he messes up. When he throws the raft into the water and it floats away Garnet shrugs it off and makes the path and is like "It's ok your idea was good too." And Amythest is like "you can't win them all" which I think is another good lesson because it's true. Your not gonna win or succeed at everything and that's ok. It's ok to fail sometimes as long as you learn from it.

I agree! It's not often that a cartoon emphasizes those morals. Even in the early episodes, SU was ahead of it's time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/reliviz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack   SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SU 1x03 Cheeseburger Backpack
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crystal Gem Universe Forum :: Beach City :: Show Discussion-
Jump to: