Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_lcap22%Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_lcap13%Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_lcap17%Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_lcap0%Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_lcap9%Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_lcap13%Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_lcap4%Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_lcap9%Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_lcap0%Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pearl
Moderators Diamond
Pearl
Moderators Diamond

Favorite Gem : Pearl and Amethyst <3

Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? Empty
PostSubject: Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?   Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 3:50 pm

I was pondering this the other day xD SU takes place in a world that is kind of similar to ours, while still being completely different and new. But I wonder how widely known the Crystal Gems are around the world. Like, is it all hush hush and no one seems to know anything? Or is there like a big fanbase all over the world where people tune in to every bit of news about the goings on in Beach City?

For me personally, I can't imagine that the Crystal Gems are terribly secretive, and I think that, even if the details are not widespread, that at least people outside of Beach City would have at least heard of the Crystal Gems and have some idea of what they could do. I imagine it'd be kind of like hearing that, somewhere far off in a different country, Spiderman is doing things xD

I dunno though! It's very possible there's been some bit of information given that I've missed or forgotten too xD

What do you guys think? Lol Strawberry
Back to top Go down
http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

PostSubject: Re: Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?   Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 12:10 pm

I definitely think people know of them or have heard of them. What's interesting though is that people don't try and demand for them to leave. They kinda just, tolerate it. I mean, after the gem war on Earth, you'd think humans would want all gems to go - they'd have a hard time convincing people that they're good guys. At least, you think they would.
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Pixie

Pixie

Favorite Gem : smoldot

PostSubject: Re: Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?   Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 9:32 pm

I'm sure they do.  They've been so public for thousands of years, they have to be.

As for why the world outside Beach City doesn't make a big fuss about them, I think Patrick Stewart's opening monologue from the movie Ted explains it perfectly.  No matter how big a splash you make in this world, whether you're Corey Feldman, Frankie Muniz, Justin Bieber, or a talking teddy bear, eventually - nobody gives a shit.

Are we allowed to say that word here?
Back to top Go down
ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Favorite Gem : Jasper

PostSubject: Re: Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?   Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 9:08 pm

I'm not sure. They may think that The Crystal Gem rebellion was successful in the Gem War and won against Homeworld, even though they were defeated and only survived because of The Cluster being planted.

Many places probably think the rebellion is alive and well and protects Earth, when in reality it's only a couple of weaker gems doing what they can to protect their last headquarters and rounding up their corrupted comrades.
Back to top Go down
ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Favorite Gem : Jasper

PostSubject: Re: Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?   Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

Garnet wrote:
I definitely think people know of them or have heard of them. What's interesting though is that people don't try and demand for them to leave. They kinda just, tolerate it. I mean, after the gem war on Earth, you'd think humans would want all gems to go - they'd have a hard time convincing people that they're good guys. At least, you think they would.

It would be.

Earth was screwed from the moment the Diamond marked it for colonization on their starmaps.

Earth probably sees the corrupted gems as the Crystal Gem's fault, leading them here.

Homeworld sees the Crystal Gems as pacifist morons who choose primitive aliens over the survival and expansion of their own species.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?   Do other places know of the Crystal Gems? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1