Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_lcap22%[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_lcap13%[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_lcap17%[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_lcap0%[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_lcap9%[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_lcap13%[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_lcap4%[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_lcap9%[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_lcap0%[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? Empty
PostSubject: [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?   [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 11:50 am

The rebellion gems, to her knowledge, are all dead. They were destroyed and there's nothing left. Why does Yellow Diamond want to destroy the Earth now when she and the other Diamonds wanted to colonize there? Why destroy it rather than attempt to colonize it again? Sure, there's bad blood due to the rebellion, but they're gone now (to her) and the Earth was a prime location for expanding their empire. Does Yellow Diamond REALLY want to destroy the Earth because of bad blood or do you think there's something more to it than that?

I think there's more to it than we are currently aware of. There's some sort of threat, even with all the rebellion gems seemingly destroyed. I mean, she scouted out the Earth with the Red Eye...but why? What was the point if she just wanted to destroy it because of the bad history? Just blow the damn planet up and be done with it. She's obviously looking for something(s) and wants to see if it/they're there.
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Brit-chan

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?   [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 12:00 pm

Well I don't have much to add to why but...where did you get that the Red Eye was used for scouting the earth by Yellow Diamond? I'm just curious cause I never heard that before. Like I assumed the Red Eye was a gem thing but I never knew what exactly xD (Sorry if this makes it off topic).

Maybe she's just still super pissed about everything. Like the Earth is nothing but an eyesore at this point cause whatever she sends there it goes wrong xD
Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?   [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 12:05 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
Well I don't have much to add to why but...where did you get that the Red Eye was used for scouting the earth by Yellow Diamond? I'm just curious cause I never heard that before. Like I assumed the Red Eye was a gem thing but I never knew what exactly xD (Sorry if this makes it off topic).

Maybe she's just still super pissed about everything. Like the Earth is nothing but an eyesore at this point cause whatever she sends there it goes wrong xD

In Marble Madness, Peridot mentions it. "Peridot is shocked that any Gems exist on the planet, saying that the Red Eye, previously destroyed by the Crystal Gems, had not reported any Gem lifeforms on Earth." It was a scouting device and one of the then-Crewniverse confirmed that the Red Eye was not a gem.

And we got a confirmation on Watermelon Tourmaline wow.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?   [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 12:10 pm

Ooooh I guess I forgot she said that! Cool xD TY!
Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?   [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 12:48 pm

I've heard of the suggestion that Yellow Diamond wants to wipe out the Earth because it cost her her BFF, Pink Diamond. Like, Yellow Diamond and Pink Diamond were close (not Ruby and Sapphire close) and the rebellion cost her her friend (like Rose Quartz killed Pink Diamond).

So destroying the Earth could not only erase the embarassment/shame/sad reminder of her lost friend.

I mean, Yellow Diamond and the other Diamonds could try and take the Earth for their own again now that the rebellion is gone. Even if it is hard memories to face, they could do it. They could "win" in the end. But, perhaps there's more to it than that, such as the suggested idea of Yellow Diamond and Pink Diamond being BFFs and Pink Diamond being lost.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ResolutionBlaze

ResolutionBlaze

Favorite Gem : Jasper

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?   [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

It's an amalgamation of things, but one thing is apparent:

- Resentment due to Pink's death.

Thus, since Earth was no longer a viable colony (they weren't risking anymore units or people of interest after Pink's shattering) the only use it could be is to house The Cluster. And if you think about it, The Cluster would assure Diamond Dominance for eternity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?   [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1