Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_lcap22%[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_lcap13%[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_lcap17%[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_lcap0%[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_lcap9%[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_lcap13%[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_lcap4%[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_lcap9%[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_lcap0%[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pearl
Moderators Diamond
Pearl
Moderators Diamond

Favorite Gem : Pearl and Amethyst <3

[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? Empty
PostSubject: [Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg?   [Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 4:36 pm

So ever since Maximum Capacity, I've always kind of wondered if Amethysts liked Greg in a romantic manner or not. The way she reacts to Greg in that entire episode just really makes me believe that she does. It's kind of messed up that, when Greg is about to leave her alone, she turns into Rose. That's always bee a rather striking moment in the show, and I've always wondered if there was something more to it than just Amethyst wanting attention. It's been a while since I've seen that episode, but the idea that Amethyst had feelings for Greg still is the main thing I took away from it.

It's hard to say though xD. I kind of think that particular scene could be read in a bunch of different ways, and I wondered how everyone here thought of that scene xD

What do y'all think? Heart
Back to top Go down
http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg?   [Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 4:44 pm

Ah yes. I remember touching on this topic in the Greg and Amethyst's Past discussion. I stand by what I said in the thread and I'll add it here.

Does Amethyst have feelings for Greg? It's...complicated. I'm leaning towards yes but more in a "misplaced feelings" sort of way. In Maximum Capacity, we see that Amethyst will shapeshift into Rose without much thought. Even to the point where it tormented Greg, as it did in the episode.

Now here's where it gets dark and may be questionable. I think it's very possible that Greg took advantage of the fact that Amethyst could and would shapeshift into Rose. And I think if/when Greg DID do such a thing, it may have made Amethyst develop something for Greg. You can't really do that and not develop feelings for someone, you know?

But like I said, it'd be misplaced on Amethyst's part. Because Greg would be thinking about Rose and IS thinking about Rose, to this day, not Amethyst.
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
104infinite

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg?   [Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 8:52 pm

I think my answer is definitely yes! Yeah, she has feelings for him o.O
The episode is complicated but that's what happened. When he saw the picture and she reacted that way It was a clear indication but the dialogue can make things clearer. She was angry because he considers his son is more important and because of his relationship with his wife Neutral

"If It were her you could stay" I would say It just a ridiculuos need for attention but why is she jealous of his WIFE? why did she change into her?

There is only one line makes It weird, when she said she "used to have somebody who passed time with her/" In this case It might seem she is angry because Rose is not around anymore. However there is not an explanation for her jealousy when he saw the picture and after in the end of the episode she gave him that picture and she was blushing when he thanked her.

Have you wondered why did she clear up the storage and at the same time she didn't throw away the content? He hadn't cleared that place up since Rose, this episode is about letting go the past, Amethyst and Greg were wathching that old show remembering old times. The storage is a metaphor for his heart/mind because the only thing left was the picture, a memory of Rose but now the storage is empty and he can get new stuff or he has "space" for the future/present.

I don't think Greg and Amethyst were in some strange physical relationship, watching TV seems be the favorite Sugar's activity to enjoy time together (Connie/Steven/Peridot and an interesting early comic by Rebecca about two brothers who watched the Simpsons their whole life) but I believe Amethyst has had feeling for Greg for a long time, Steven was 4 when they watched "lil butler" the first time, Amethyst always liked Greg since she took her hair style from his young version we don't know exactly when It happened but she has a kind of crush on him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg?   [Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Discussion]Does Amethyst have romantic feelings for Greg?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1