Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap22%[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Goldenevil91

Goldenevil91

Favorite Gem : Jasper

[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?   [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 11:43 am

Yeah it is interesting. How much Greg knew about what will happen with Rose when Steven will be born. I know she recorded message for Steven and maybe Greg heard it. But that's the thing we don't know for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenevil91.tumblr.com/
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

PostSubject: Re: [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?   [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 5:28 pm

Found this on tumblr:

prussiancandy wrote:
You know how when Jasper first discovered that Steven could use Rose’s shield? What she said was: “You have the power of Rose Quartz”. Not “You have the power of a Rose Quartz”.

Which would have her implying that there is only one Rose Quartz she could be referring to. Just based off that, couldn’t one assume that the gem Rose Quartz is a rare form of Quartz? Just like how Sapphire is apparently a rare gem to Homeworld.

It could mean that either Rose Quartz was a rare gem or that Homeworld stopped creating them after the rebellion. After all Peridot did say that Quartz soldiers were loyal. So what if Homeworld thought that since one Rose Quartz turned rebellious, that they all might? That would mean that Homeworld stopped creating Rose Quartz gems and any Rose Quartz had already been created was destroyed.

Thoughts on this?

I'm going to focus more on the "Not “You have the power of a Rose Quartz”, because by that statement, it looks like there is only one.

I don't know if I agree with the rest of it. The rest of this person's theory would have to suggest then that Rose Quartz was the ONLY ONE existing at the time of the rebellion and all that and they ceased to make anymore. Which, if there are multiple Rose Quartzes, I don't believe that she'd be the only one. Ditto Sapphire. Rare does NOT mean exclusive; those two terms are entirely different.

And I doubt they'd have some policy of like "Only craft 1 Sapphire/Rose Quartz/what have you, every 10,000 years" or something.
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Sardonyx

PostSubject: Re: [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?   [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 9:55 am

Maybe its just our Rose is able to create that shield and no other rose is able to?
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Karmic Retribution
Crystal Gem
Karmic Retribution

Favorite Gem : Rose Quartz

PostSubject: Re: [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?   [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 9:32 pm

(Here comes someone with knowledge in geology)

Rose Quartz, and Quartz's in general, can only be formed in O2 and Co2 rich atmospheres. Unlike stones like Peridots and Lapis Lazulis'. Quartz gemstones need an atmosphere of some sort to germinate.

Rose Quartz are somewhat special in their specific location. They can only be formed in a few select spots, making it a sure and clear possibility that no more can be formed after one has moved the site of production.

Rose quartz is an igneous mineral that originates in shallow areas of the earth's crust. It forms from the solidification of granitic
magma (molten rock). Within the earth, plutons (huge masses of magma ) slowly migrate upward toward the surface of the
earth. A pluton is driven upward because magma is less dense than surrounding solid rock. This is analogous to a mixture of
oil and water. When mixed, the oil always seeks the higher elevation. Over time, the plutons cool off and completely
solidify. Plutons generally solidify miles beneath the earth's surface. In contrast, volcanoes and volcanic rocks are formed
by magma that erupts onto the surface of the earth, producing lava flows.

So quite literally, all one would need to do to prevent the creation of a Rose Quartz, is to drill in areas lacking Pluton deposits.

There are many reasons why Homeworld would try their best not to make any more Roses.

Though, Geology isn't too big of a factor within a race of aliens, but it surely confirms that Rose was made on Earth, or something resembling Earth exactly, by Homeworld.

Maybe she isn't as old as we thought? Who knows. Only the progression of the show will tell.

Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/reliviz
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?   [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 am

Karmic Retribution wrote:
(Here comes someone with knowledge in geology)

Rose Quartz, and Quartz's in general, can only be formed in O2 and Co2 rich atmospheres. Unlike stones like Peridots and Lapis Lazulis'. Quartz gemstones need an atmosphere of some sort to germinate.

Rose Quartz are somewhat special in their specific location. They can only be formed in a few select spots, making it a sure and clear possibility that no more can be formed after one has moved the site of production.

Rose quartz is an igneous mineral that originates in shallow areas of the earth's crust. It forms from the solidification of granitic
magma (molten rock). Within the earth, plutons (huge masses of magma ) slowly migrate upward toward the surface of the
earth. A pluton is driven upward because magma is less dense than surrounding solid rock. This is analogous to a mixture of
oil and water. When mixed, the oil always seeks the higher elevation. Over time, the plutons cool off and completely
solidify. Plutons generally solidify miles beneath the earth's surface. In contrast, volcanoes and volcanic rocks are formed
by magma that erupts onto the surface of the earth, producing lava flows.

So quite literally, all one would need to do to prevent the creation of a Rose Quartz, is to drill in areas lacking Pluton deposits.

There are many reasons why Homeworld would try their best not to make any more Roses.

Though, Geology isn't too big of a factor within a race of aliens, but it surely confirms that Rose was made on Earth, or something resembling Earth exactly, by Homeworld.

Maybe she isn't as old as we thought? Who knows. Only the progression of the show will tell.

That's interesting to note. That would mean Homeworld would have similar conditions since it is implied that Rose Quartz is from Homeworld.

But!

What if she's not? What if she's actually from Earth? Though not human, she could appreciate life of Earth from a deeper level (about as much as Amethyst if not moreso since Rose Quartz appears to be more "philosophical"). Hmmm. That would be interesting. If she were from Earth, I wonder how she could've risen to such a high status? Perhaps she was one of the first ever gems created on Earth and she messed everything up for Homeworld.
Back to top Go down
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?   [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 7:15 am

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think Rose Quartz is from Earth. I mean, she is phytokinetic (can control flora). It's plausible that she has control of any sort of plant life on any planet but I'm sure plants would be composed of different stuffs on other planets. I mean, you hear Rose Quartz and you think of flowers and life as a whole. Why would a Homeworld gem be able to command flowers and plants on Earth? How could they?

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Peridorito
Crystal Gem
Peridorito

Favorite Gem : PERIDOT AND STEVEN

PostSubject: Re: [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?   [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 10:27 am

Rose Quartz wrote:
You know, the more I think about it, the more I think Rose Quartz is from Earth. I mean, she is phytokinetic (can control flora). It's plausible that she has control of any sort of plant life on any planet but I'm sure plants would be composed of different stuffs on other planets. I mean, you hear Rose Quartz and you think of flowers and life as a whole. Why would a Homeworld gem be able to command flowers and plants on Earth? How could they?

Thoughts?

*PLOT TWIST!*

Rose Quartz looks so human and has Earthly abilities because...

SHE IS ALSO A HALF HUMAN HYBRID!!
That's the reason we've never seen her regenerate / get poofed!

Kidding kidding... but posting this crack theory just in case we get trolled by Rebecca xD

It is strange though, similar to how Lapis Lazulis are known to control water... weird.
Back to top Go down
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?   [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 10:33 am

PeriDorito wrote:
Rose Quartz wrote:

Thoughts?

*PLOT TWIST!*

Rose Quartz looks so human and has Earthly abilities because...

SHE IS ALSO A HALF HUMAN HYBRID!!
That's the reason we've never seen her regenerate / get poofed!

Kidding kidding... but posting this crack theory just in case we get trolled by Rebecca xD

It is strange though, similar to how Lapis Lazulis are known to control water... weird.

Hey I like that plot twist! That would be trolling though.

Maybe these elemental/nature controllers are actually from Earth or other Earth-like planets.
Back to top Go down
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?   [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 8:35 am

Well, Quartz could originate from Earth. Maybe certain types of planets create certain gems? When Home world runs low on a certain type of gem, they go and create more?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?   [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 1:50 pm

I would have never thought about it like that but you are right. I'm sure certain gems need certain environments and conditions to grow. Only thing about her maybe being of Earth is that it always seems implied (to me at least) that she's from Homeworld, but i could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?   [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
I would have never thought about it like that but you are right. I'm sure certain gems need certain environments and conditions to grow. Only thing about her maybe being of Earth is that it always seems implied (to me at least) that she's from Homeworld, but i could be wrong.

You're right on it feeling like she is from Homeworld - I get that vibe, too. I think we all do. Right now my ideas sit with:

Rose is Pink Diamond

or now

Rose Quartz is from Earth and grew to love it

Needing certain environments would also help explain why they want to expand their empire so much (aside from them being a totally domineering civilization that wanted to rule the universe).
Back to top Go down
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?   [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 12:44 pm

There's an interesting theory that Rose Quartz was a personal bodyguard to Pink Diamond - hence her size-changing shield. And she ended up having to kill Pink Diamond somehow, some way, to make the colonization stop on Earth.

I think I could get behind this idea, but I'm still pretty stuck on Rose is Pink Diamond, dammit. I know she's smaller and all that than the other Diamonds but she can shapeshift her size, as Amethyst has demonstrated time and time again.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?   [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 8:52 am

I think its an interesting theory that lends back to Quartz being warriors of a kind. Peridot did say that Amethyst was small and should have been bigger.
Back to top Go down
pastelprince

pastelprince

Favorite Gem : Pearl

PostSubject: Re: [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?   [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 5:59 pm

Just wanted to quickly share my thoughts on the "how did Rose know she and Steven couldn't both exist" topic of the previous page. I think that what she wanted wasn't a child, what she wanted was to experience being human. And the only way for her to do this was to biologically fuse. I'm taking her "I'm going to become half of you" in Lion 3 extremely literally.

On the topic of whether Rose was Pink Diamond I'm not completely opposed to the theory that the diamonds are actually some kind of fusions..! Though there isn't any evidence for this, it would explain why Rose is smaller than the other diamonds, and why her gemstone isn't a diamond - because she'd need to fuse with another gem we haven't seen yet to become Pink Diamond.
Back to top Go down
http://pastelprincevalentin.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?   [Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Theory & Debate] Who is Rose Quartz?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2