Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_lcap22%Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_lcap13%Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_lcap17%Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_lcap0%Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_lcap9%Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_lcap13%Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_lcap4%Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_lcap9%Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_lcap0%Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion Empty
PostSubject: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 6:48 pm

Oh my god where do I even begin with this episode?

This episode was incredible. 11/10, very strong, right up there with Mr Greg. It is sadder than Mr Greg. I think it is the saddest episode to date.

So much happens in this episode. We see a partially reformed gem. We see a little bit of her story of what happened. We learn more about that explosion that happened when the gems fled Earth. It left us with many questions, such as who is Centipeedle? Why does that diamond explosion cause corruption rather than shattered gems? How do you think Steven is going to be able to heal these gems?

My heart broke with Centipeedle when she relived what happened to her with her drawings. My annoyance rose when Pearl was like "Oh her handwriting is actually fairly legible and she told us her story" and yet the next episode is going to have NOTHING to do with Centipeedle. If Pearl and the other gems can read what Centipeedle wrote, when are we going to learn more about this? When will we learn her name? The next episode isn't a follow up episode, so when will it be the right time to bring it up again?

I'm sliiiightly annoyed with Amethyst for being pretty insensitive to the Centipeedle situation. I mean, she comes from a rough background and is delicate herself, so why wouldn't she be more respectful to Centipeedle? Obviously Amethyst means no harm when she's being insensitive, but the fact still stands that she is behaving that way (and thank you Pearl for calling her out).

Saddest episode ever. So many questions. So much BS from the Diamonds.
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Boulder Opal

Boulder Opal

Favorite Gem : Steven

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 7:33 pm

I can see how Amethyst's actions can be viewed as insensitive, but I like to think that she was just trying to relate to Centipeedle. Amethyst wasn't in the gem war and doesn't realize how grave of a situation she's in.
Back to top Go down
http://polkapan.tumblr.com/
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond

Favorite Gem : All of them <3

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 9:36 pm

This episode was so good. I want to learn so much more about Centipeedle!!! Like I'm seriously starving for more Homeworld info here I love lore and they're only giving us little pieces and it's driving me nuts Grrr Strawberry

Definitely an interesting episode though! Grin Strawberry
Back to top Go down
Swords&Roses

Swords&Roses

Favorite Gem : Connie (even though she isn't a gem aaa)

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 10:41 pm

This episode was so amazing, I could write paragraphs and paragraphs of good praise. However, to sum it up, I think my favourite parts of the episode were:
-Garnet losing a 'battle of will' to Steven
-Chaaaps
-All the info about Homeworld we got, like gem language and that the Diamonds somehow caused the corruption of gems
-Centi being reunited with her ship and crew :')
Back to top Go down
Mr. Clod

Mr. Clod

Favorite Gem : Peridot and Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 6:13 am

Maybe homeworld corrupted the gems on earth to take out the life on the planet?
Back to top Go down
http://astrangelittleboy.tumblr.com/
Boulder Opal

Boulder Opal

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 6:25 am

Yeah, something like that. It sounds like this Diamond weapon is a direct comparison to the nuclear bombs as a be-all-end-all to a war. Both parties suffered from its consequences
Back to top Go down
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 10:12 am

Boulder Opal wrote:
Yeah, something like that. It sounds like this Diamond weapon is a direct comparison to the nuclear bombs as a be-all-end-all to a war. Both parties suffered from its consequences

Definitely. This episode really showed though that Diamonds don't care. Gems are (were) expendable. I mean, the forced fusion showed us that as well. Now they're short on resources because Gems were so expendable. Such moral bankruptcy. Honestly, it's heartbreaking how little a Gem means to Diamonds.
Back to top Go down
Karmic Retribution
Crystal Gem
Karmic Retribution

Favorite Gem : Rose Quartz

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 10:53 am

This was definitely one of my favorite episodes, possibly my second favorite of this season. (1st favorite being Hit The Diamond and third being Mr. Greg.)
I just love Centi?? I hope she has a good life where she is, and maybe she'll even return one day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/reliviz
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 11:02 am

Karmic Retribution wrote:
I hope she has a good life where she is, and maybe she'll even return one day.

I have no doubt - she will be back. She probably will be the first gem to be totally healed.

She's definitely going to have a greater appreciation for the Crystal Gems now.
Back to top Go down
Pearl
Moderators Diamond
Pearl
Moderators Diamond

Favorite Gem : Pearl and Amethyst <3

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 11:32 am

This episode really got to me in several ways, but I have to admit that I'm content with how it ended! So bittersweet <3 She is not herself, but she gets to be with her crew and not be alone and bubbled anymore. She can't be healed, but I think this is the next best thing for her at the moment. And that's quite beautiful <3 I want to see her again, I already love everything we know about her Heart

But I really do want to know more about her and her crew. I mean, her crew stayed for SO long waiting for her to return, just wanting to see her again. That's some powerful love and loyalty right there. And also, who doesn't want to see a gem captain! xD

I saw somewhere that Centi's outfit is very similar to Pearl's space outfit in Space Race! Not sure what to add to that, but I find it very interesting <3 I love when small little details like that are pulled to newer episodes xD

Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion Tumblr_inline_oazk9iqE6C1rq6640_500
Back to top Go down
http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 11:43 am

Yus they have similar space suits! I'm sure Centipeedle (Emerald? Maw Sit Sit?) has a yellow diamond insignia.

The ending was bittersweet - I'm glad she got to be with her crew rather than in a bubble again. But it was still so hard to watch Sad Strawberry I mean, knowing about the Diamonds, how they think the gems are so expendable... Hard stuff Sad Strawberry

I think we are getting close to Steven being able to heal these corrupted gems. The question is going to become how do we get rid of the Diamonds.

Someone has suggested the Crystal Gem theme song is going to be the Diamonds downfall Hehe Strawberry
Back to top Go down
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond

Favorite Gem : All of them <3

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Garnet wrote:
Someone has suggested the Crystal Gem theme song is going to be the Diamonds downfall Hehe Strawberry

DUDE THAT WORLD BE SO INCREDIBLE?! An all out song battle between the diamonds and the Crystal gem hell YEAH!

I also saw another theory that because Centi drew the three diamonds in all black, and because all the Diamonds themes that we've seen are similar, that the Diamonds fuse into Black Diamond and then sing the corruption song O.o
Back to top Go down
Boulder Opal

Boulder Opal

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 4:20 pm

That sounds AMAZING. But how would she have seen them fuse into Black Diamond? Would Black Diamond be THAT HUGE?!
Back to top Go down
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 4:29 pm

Lapis Lazuli wrote:
Garnet wrote:

DUDE THAT WORLD BE SO INCREDIBLE?! An all out song battle between the diamonds and the Crystal gem hell YEAH!

I also saw another theory that because Centi drew the three diamonds in all black, and because all the Diamonds themes that we've seen are similar, that the Diamonds fuse into Black Diamond and then sing the corruption song O.o

Wut a strange idea o.o PUT IT IN THE THEORY AREA Lol Strawberry Cool Strawberry
Back to top Go down
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Sardonyx

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 10:53 am

This episode made me cry. I feel so bad for Centipeedle. It seems that extreme emotional reactions seems to undo Steven's healing abilities. I'm not sure he'll ever be able to fully heal her but at least he made her happy.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion   Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steven Universe 3/13 Monster Reunion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1