Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap22%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap13%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap17%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap0%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap9%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap13%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap4%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap9%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap0%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] Empty
PostSubject: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 3:45 pm

This was a cute episode. And an adult episode. This episode has just Smokey Quartz and Sardonyx in it (which is a lot of air time for both) and Sardonyx did a bit of 4th wall breaking (i.e. "Sugilite isn't really IN this episode so we don't have to pay her, right? Just checking" (which was doubly funny because I even said "ah, Sugilite recording, nice budgeting!")).

The episode focused on trying to find Steven and Amethyst's "common ground" that brought Smokey Quartz together, which they did by having him perform similar tasks to the other fusions like Opal and Sugilite. Why? Don't know. It was cutesy but still had it's flair of sadness because Smokey Quartz said they're basically a useless, lame, good-for-nothing, thus showing that both Amethyst and Steven feel this way about themselves. While sad, I think it's good that Amethyst and Steven still have that lingering issue, showing that it cannot be fixed in one or two episodes - it's going to be a process. Good room for character development.

The only thing new we learn in this episode is that Sardonyx has her own room in the temple. Any Crystal Gem can have a room in the temple as long as they exist - when Garnet and Pearl unfused, the room crumbled.

Steven La Amethyst
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond

Favorite Gem : All of them <3

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 5:04 pm

It was nice to see the hints of Pearl and Garnet within Sardonyx. Pearl correcting Smokey Quartz' double negative, Pearl talking about how she just got excited, Garnet realizing they stole the show from Smokey Quartz on accident in that excitement.

Also Garnet and Pearl's reactions to seeing Smokey Quartz for the first time were priceless xD I keep watching it over and over just for that cuz it's so FUNNY! Lol Strawberry

I love the camaraderie we've been seeing between Steven and Amethyst lately Heart They help each other with their insecurities so well and it's nice to see Steven helping Amethyst grow and learn to deal with her self confidence issues. He may not have all the answers for her but he knows what she's going through and right now I think that's what Amethyst needs. Someone who understands her.

Also Sardonyx crawling around the inside of the house because she's too big is hilarious xD The height comparison between her and SQ tho!!! SQ IS SO SHORT ITS ADORABLE!! Steven La Amethyst
Back to top Go down
Boulder Opal

Boulder Opal

Favorite Gem : Steven

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 7:19 pm

hnnnnggggghhhh excuse me I'm still dying from that episode's amazingness. And the reference to Sugilite! Ugh, there was some much-needed fusion coverage in that episode. They're really starting to put fusion on the front stage (pun intended) and I love it. I think what makes Smoky Quartz special is her personality. She can cracks jokes faster than a cheetah can run! Shame that they still show their self-confidence issues but Garnet's right, that won't be fixed immediately. I for one am VERY glad that Amethyst and Steven are building a relationship. Their relationship in the past always seemed a little unsteady.

EDIT: Pearl pulling her sock back up is my favorite part of the SQ reveal.
Back to top Go down
http://polkapan.tumblr.com/
Bgal

Bgal

Favorite Gem : garnet in general, peridot/amethyst/bismuth/centipeedle if single gems only

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 7:42 pm

this is tied with hit the diamond and log date whatever as my fav episode.

this episode is amazing
Back to top Go down
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Sardonyx

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 9:25 pm

OMG THERE WAS SO MUCH SARDONYX AND I LOVED IT AND I DIED SQUEEING THE ENTIRE EPISODE!

*Ahem!* Of course, any gem has a room in the temple as long as they exist Grin Strawberry Or at least this is what I theorized based on this. I guess that means when Pearl and Garnet fuse their rooms don't exist? Or because they make up Sardonyx their rooms would exist still? 

Garnet's reaction when she saw them, she gets so excited over other fusions and I love that they fused probably accidentally into Sardonyx in excitement. 

I definitely know how they feel and I hope that they find something that will bring them together when Amethyst and Steven deal with how useless they feel.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
pastelprince

pastelprince

Favorite Gem : Pearl

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 7:19 am

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT SARDONYX'S ROOM IS A TALK SHOW.  Pearl  Garnet

..ahem. Anyways, a few favorite moments:

[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] 2371672993 (Sardonyx and SQ pulling jokes.) "Stoooop~! ...But really, please. Stop."
Pearl is shining through after just a moment of being fused, asking them not to wreck the house.  Lol Strawberry

[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] 2371672993 Sardonyx throwing away her pencils and fake audience guy shrieking after supposedly getting stabbed.

[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] 2371672993 Pearl and Garnet realising that they messed up. (Though I understood it as Garnet being the one who was too excited, judging on her reaction before fusing and her general love for fusions!)

All in all, even though we didn't learn much this was such a fun and, I think, important episode! It was amazing to see fusions casually interacting. Sardonyx may have climbed from second place to taking the spot of being my favorite fusion. (Not counting Garnet.) And I know she pulled up the stage as they got into the room, but I still like to think that's usually how it looks and she just kinda goes there sometimes to do standup. Lol Strawberry
Back to top Go down
http://pastelprincevalentin.tumblr.com/
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Sardonyx

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 7:23 am

Pearl was very excited too, I don't think she thought that Steven could fuse with anyone besides another organic because we was organic. 

Although honestly, after this episode I'm totally shipping Pearl/Lamp 

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond

Favorite Gem : All of them <3

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Garnet picking Pearl up and shaking her in total excitement got me laughing so hard Lol Strawberry

Garnet's excitement about fusion in general just makes me so happy Heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 4/02 Know Your Fusion [SPOILERS]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1