Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap22%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap13%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap17%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap0%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap9%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap13%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap4%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap9%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_lcap0%[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] Empty
PostSubject: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:40 pm

So this episode focuses on the Rubies coming back to earth looking for Jasper for Yellow Diamond and acting as her biggest fan group. But what we were all waiting for most was more information on Pink Diamond. And we got some but it's not even the tiniest sliver of satisfying.

We learn that Earth was Pink Diamond's colony. We learned that Rose randomly rebelled and shattered Pink Diamond. And it's very...meh...

I also know this is going to have everyone be like YOU SEE ROSE SHATTERED HER!

Something didn't feel right though. Steven has a point - Rose won't shatter a gem. The Crew made it a point to emphasise this in Bismuth. However Pearl's reaction was odd. Does this confirm it? If so, it was a set up. Why? Because only diamond can destroy diamond. Also Rubies are stupid af. The Crewniverse have emphasised this for a reason, too. So anybody ready to scream Rose is evil and shattered Pink Diamond need to remember these points.

And now we have to live with Steven moving on and forgetting about her and asking no questions. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Boulder Opal

Boulder Opal

Favorite Gem : Steven

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 5:14 pm

I think Rose and Pink Diamond both having naval gems is more than a coincidence, but I don't know what..

Also this person makes a good point:
http://the-hero-is-the-villain.tumblr.com/post/148660406724/so-with-the-new-episode-leaking-jasper-was-saying#notes
Back to top Go down
http://polkapan.tumblr.com/
PearlQuartz17

PearlQuartz17

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 8:59 pm

Well, so much for Steven's chances of survival. That cold, radiation-layered, airless void of space should have killed him almost instantly, if letting out all the air in the Diamond base didn't cause instant and permanent damage to his brain and respiratory systems.

Anyway, this was a pretty good episode. The Rubies are so endearing; they're the perfect lovable idiots. Plus, I love hearing Charlyne Yi voice them; her voice is just too cute. She also does the voice of Chloe Park on We Bare Bears (which is one of the cutest shows I've ever seen), and I recommend checking them out.

Steven's outburst and Rose's backstory were my favorite parts. I give this episode a straight 10/10.
Back to top Go down
peridottie

peridottie

Favorite Gem : pearl

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 12:31 am

rip Steven, we loved you and you will be missed.

Seriously though, unless Steven comes up with another power- or maybe his bubble- things are going to be very bad for him?? Like wow.
To be honest I can't wait to see until they resolve this tomorrow aha
Back to top Go down
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond

Favorite Gem : All of them <3

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 12:44 am

I agree with Garnet that something doesn't feel right.

We've seen so much symbolism over the course of the series about Pink Diamond. The shattered Pink Diamond at the Cloud Arena, and the other various places that have her Diamond shown. But like the Rubies were saying, all the places that have pictures and symbols dedicated to Pink Diamond are old. Like really old.

What doesn't sit with me is, why would the Diamonds completely get rid of her symbol in all the new generation stuff? The completely changed the Diamond emblem and it has no hint whatsoever that there was ever a fourth Diamond. If PD really did die by Rose's hands during the rebellion, wouldn't Homeworld want to commemorate her as a war hero? You'd think they would plaster her face and symbol EVERYWHERE as a reminder to all the Gems that never fought in the war that THIS is what happens when Gems rebel. You lose your Diamonds. And on Homeworld the Diamonds are everything.

The fact that she's been completely erased from everything Homeworld could get its hands on after the War suggests that they didn't want new Gems to know about her. They didn't want their kind to remember her and I think that's because Pink Diamond wasn't a war hero or a martyr for Homeworld.

I have a feeling she gave her life and subsequently her Diamond to Rose in order to win the War.

The link that Boulder Opal posted shows a screenshot of one of the Gem areas that depicts Rose fighting off White Diamond with something that looks like another Diamond. It's not Rose's gem, because you can clearly see her Gem still on her stomach. She's holding a seperate Gem in front of her and it looks like shes channeling the power from it to combat against White Diamond.

I think Pink Diamond gave her Diamond over to Rose to use as protection against Homeworld. And in using her Diamond like that, PD died. I think PD agreed with Rose that Homeworld was wrong in using the Earth for creating Gems and knew that the only was Rose and the rebels would win the war was if they had the power of a Diamond on their side. So she martyred herself for Rose's cause.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS]   [SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] Steven Universe 3/23 Back to the Moon [SPOILERS]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1