Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_lcap22%[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_lcap13%[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_lcap17%[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_lcap0%[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_lcap9%[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_lcap13%[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_lcap4%[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_lcap9%[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_lcap0%[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond

Favorite Gem : All of them <3

[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? Empty
PostSubject: [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different?   [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 1:48 pm

So it's kind of self explanatory. Do Rose's and Steven's fusions match? Or are they different because Rose and Steven are different people?

We've seen Rose fuse with Pearl to create Rainbow Quartz. Would Steven fusing with Pearl create Rainbow Quartz as well, just with a different design? Or would they create something new because of Steven being only half gem? What about the reverse with Smokey Quartz? Would Rose fusing with Amythest be different?

Discuss! Steven La
Back to top Go down
Pearl
Moderators Diamond
Pearl
Moderators Diamond

Favorite Gem : Pearl and Amethyst <3

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different?   [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 2:39 pm

At one point, I thought yes. The gem they shared is exactly the same, so why wouldn't Steven and Rose fuse to the same gems?

But after seeing Smokey Quartz, I'm going to definitely say no xD I just can't see Rose being at all similar to the Smokey Quartz we saw. And on the opposite end, Rainbow Quartz is way too different from Steven, I couldn't see him doing that either.

But then, on the oooother hand - I could see that the type of fused gem being the same, but physical looks and personality being different. Since we can have two different Rainbow Quartzes, and two different types of Smokey Quartz!

Yeah, after having rambled, I think I like that idea the best xD That, for example, Rose + Pearl = Rainbow Quartz, and Steven + Pearl = Rainbow Quartz, but the physical appearance of those individual Rainbow Quartzes are dependent on the ones who fuse into it. Just like how we have like 5 different Rubies running around, all who have similar color schemes but are different in all other ways.

Cool Strawberry *has decided she has rambled enough now*
Back to top Go down
http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Pixie

Pixie

Favorite Gem : smoldot

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different?   [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 7:20 pm

Good question!

The fusions do take after the appearances of their gems so I imagine there's some facial differences between a Steven/Amethyst fusion and a Rose/Amethyst fusion.

When Smoky first shows up in the episode Earthlings, she says a Rose and an Amethyst make a Smoky Quartz, so at least Amethyst/the Amethyst side of Smoky is confident this is what a Smoky Quartz is supposed to be.

I think this question is impossible to answer until we're told how Rose giving up her physical form equals birthing to a child who somehow has Greg's DNA.
Back to top Go down
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different?   [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 3:55 pm

Pearl wrote:

But then, on the oooother hand - I could see that the type of fused gem being the same, but physical looks and personality being different. Since we can have two different Rainbow Quartzes, and two different types of Smokey Quartz!

I think I like that idea the best xD That, for example, Rose + Pearl = Rainbow Quartz, and Steven + Pearl = Rainbow Quartz, but the physical appearance of those individual Rainbow Quartzes are dependent on the ones who fuse into it. Just like how we have like 5 different Rubies running around, all who have similar color schemes but are different in all other ways.

This is exactly what I think. I think, for example, Steven and Pearl would make a Rainbow Quartz but their personality would be very different and appearance would be very different as well. Steven, though he is a rose quartz is not Rose Quartz. He behaves differently from her, no matter how much they tell him "you're so much like your mother". That and Steven looks different.

That's just my two cents anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different?   [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 1:14 pm

I agree with both Pearl and Garnet Smile Strawberry I think we also can confirm this theory because of the fact that Opals appearance changed along with Pearl and Amythests regenerations and form changes.

Now I'm super curious to see a Rose and Amythest fusion because I can't imagine it would produce the happy go lucky Smokey Quartz that we know Whoa Strawberry
Back to top Go down
akselbuch

akselbuch

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different?   [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 2:46 pm

lapis look at this art made by the guy the drew my gemsona its rose and amethyst https://i.servimg.com/u/f97/19/52/80/48/img_0112.jpg
Back to top Go down
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond
Lapis Lazuli
Roleplay Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different?   [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 4:54 pm

Oh that looks cool! Kitty Strawberry

Now I want to see it in the show in like a flashback or something Whoa Strawberry
Back to top Go down
akselbuch

akselbuch

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different?   [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 5:00 pm

btw i think im done so it would be great if you could look over my oc Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different?   [Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Debate] Are Rose's and Steven's fusions the same? Or different?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1