Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_lcap22%Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_lcap13%Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_lcap17%Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_lcap0%Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_lcap9%Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_lcap13%Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_lcap4%Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_lcap9%Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_lcap0%Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] Empty
PostSubject: Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers]   Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 3:18 pm

The thread to discuss the premiere episode of season 3!
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers]   Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 7:33 pm

Well, no new intro but that's ok. The watermelon Stevens were so cute!

But...

I felt like Malachite was handled... Too quickly? And of course Jasper "got away" by falling into the Earth. So it may be some time before we see her again.

I liked that Alexandrite uses all of the other fusions' weapons and breathed fire. I wonder how she was doing that. These elemental powers like with Lapis and now Alexandrite sure are curious o.o

Maybe we should've had one more episode with Malachite, though. It felt rushed.
Back to top Go down
ArcNitemare

ArcNitemare

Favorite Gem : Peridot

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers]   Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 7:43 pm

I thought it was neat to see Baby Melon's actions really had an impact on the Melons in how they acted.

The fight was really cool to watch,and while it was fun watching the MelonStevens helping with Steven in melon form leading them it did have some horror to it,what with Steven literally taking over one twice as well as so many being diced.

I suspect we will see Jasper again.There were theories that she might fall into the ocean after the fight,but this is just a variant.She could use the time alone.

Clearly the fire breathing is from Ruby if anything,though given we don't know much about how the Gems themselves work its hard to say how their powers work.

This is easily the weakest of the pair.It felt really short,and the fact that the Melons went all ritual sacrifice on one of their own,simply for not following a simply gesture,felt off.
Back to top Go down
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers]   Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 7:49 pm

I wonder what her next move will be...

And yeah, the watermelon sacrifice was...interesting. I wonder why they were doing it? I mean...I don't think Malachite was emerging from the ocean, eating a sacrifice watermelon and then being on her way. I mean maybe but that seems a bit weird. But, I'm not sure what other reason there could've been as to why they'd just chuck one out to the cliff with its arms out, ready to be eaten.

Ah yeah Ruby breathing fire makes sense. But then...why doesn't Garnet? And why doesn't Garnet use ice as well?? These are the questions...
Back to top Go down
ArcNitemare

ArcNitemare

Favorite Gem : Peridot

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers]   Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 7:58 pm

Indeed.Very unlikely to be the last time we will see her.

To be fair its not uncommon when you look at ancient cultures to see them doing something similar.I mean they dressed the poor melon up with a Steven star and rose crown.And likely Malachite ate it because her hands were kinda bound.Honestly it begs the question of if the Melons knew that Malachite was there or not.It seems possible they did since they went to that cliff in particular.

Garnet uses a combo of both fire and ice,electricity.Though whether she could use one or the other is hard to say.Maybe given the fact that Alexandrite is clearly more unstable then Garnet herself she can use them separate.Many questions,few answers.
Back to top Go down
Opalescent

Opalescent

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers]   Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 8:00 pm

I was only into this episode because of Malachite and seeing her again. I had seen talks about how she was finally developing her own personality with the giggling and saying "I". I dunno tho... But she was gorgeous and badass!!

I stayed for the Watermelon Stevens. They were super cute!!! XD especially the watermelon dog! Omg! Honestly though, these watermelons and Malachite made it a favorite for me :3
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers]   Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 5:44 pm

Omg I died at the watermelon stevens! They were just...so ridiculous.

As far as the pacing goes, I think what makes everything feel so rush between this episode and the one after it, is that we had this LONG hiatus of no new episodes. And then we had several episodes kind of building up to this and it just felt very sudden? Especially with the last episode being the aftermath of Peridot's betraying Yellow Diamond and all that. So it felt sudden to go from Yellow Diamond aftermath to SUDDENLY MALACHITE AGAIN when the last time it was brought up was that ep where Steven saw Lapis in his dream. We probably could've used one more episode before the actual fight but it is what it is now i guess xD
Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers]   Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 5:48 pm

Tut tut Crewniverse. I see what you mean, Brit.

For me it was just...a fast fight. Maybe this is my DBZ-ness kicking in lmao but it just seemed too...easy... I mean yeah it is what it is.

The highlight of the episode for me was the Watermelon Stevens XD they're ridiculous but so damn cute!
Back to top Go down
Goldenevil91

Goldenevil91

Favorite Gem : Jasper

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers]   Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 7:00 pm

It was amazing that they made a whole society and culture on their own...well maybe watermelon sacrifice was a bit edgy practice but then again malachite is and edgy Fusion XD
Back to top Go down
http://goldenevil91.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers]   Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 8:26 pm

yeah xD I guess it was implying that the watermelons were kind of like one of those tribes of people who have never been touched by modern society, thus the whole sacrificing thing xD
Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net
Goldenevil91

Goldenevil91

Favorite Gem : Jasper

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers]   Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 8:30 pm

I guess they went with needs of many are more important of life of one of them. Malachite didn't give them much of a choice here.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenevil91.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers]   Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steven Universe Episode 3/01: Super Watermelon Island [Spoilers]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1