Crystal Gem Universe Forum
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Hello and welcome to Crystal Gem Universe, a Steven Universe fan forum! We're glad you found us! We look forward to meeting you! Your newest BFF(s) awaits! Sign up today! Cool Strawberry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Steven Universe forum

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Quick Ref
CGU Rules
CGU Staff Roster
CGU Ranking
Getting Started at CGU
Watched Threads/Topics
CGU Affiliation Request
Latest topics
» New Jem
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeby akselbuch Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 am

» New Member; ResolutionBlaze
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeby ArcNitemare Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 am

» [Theory] Why Does Yellow Diamond Want to Destroy the Earth?
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:46 pm

» Do other places know of the Crystal Gems?
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm

» Obsidian, Idocrase, and Black Diamond
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

» [POLL] Was Rose Quartz's Rebellion A Failure?
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 pm

» [Poll] Do you prefer story arcs or self-contained episodes?
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

» [Debate]Can Jasper be reedemed?
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

» Fiction: Escape or Moral?
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeby ResolutionBlaze Sun May 07, 2017 11:20 am

Cbox
CGU Chatbox Pop Out (Opens in New Tab)
Poll
Who's Your Favorite Fusion?
Garnet
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_lcap22%[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
Opal
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_lcap13%[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Sardonyx
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_lcap17%[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Sugilite
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_lcap0%[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alexandrite
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_lcap9%[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Stevonnie
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_lcap13%[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Smoky Quartz
 13% [ 3 ]
Malachite
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_lcap4%[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Don't make me choose!
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_lcap9%[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rainbow Quartz
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_lcap0%[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23
Social Media
CGU Facebook CGU TwitterCGU Tumblr

[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Sardonyx

[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? Empty
PostSubject: [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life?   [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 9:40 am

Another theory found on tumblr, original post here

So in Same Old World Lapis explains via flashback that she was trapped in the middle of the Gem War and mistaken for an enemy of Homeworld, leading to her getting poofed and sealed in the mirror that would be her prison for the next several thousand years. 
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? Tumblr_inline_o7j5oerV7b1sh70wm_1280
At the end of the flashback, however there is an odd little something that could be one of many things: the flash of light as the Homeworld Gems leave.
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? Tumblr_inline_o7j5ud0MwV1sh70wm_1280
I read a theory that suggested that this was a sort of “Gem Bomb” designed by Homeworld to kill off any gems exposed to it’s effects. This may very well be true. Context clues are very important here for discerning the nature of this flash. Take Lapis’ quote:

• “It soon became clear that there was no hope in stopping the rebellion. All of the Homeworld Gems fled … in all the panic ofescaping earth, I was left behind.”

Lapis describes the “fleeing” of the planet as a “panic”, suggesting that everyone was getting off-world as quickly as possible to avoid something, possibly the Gem Bomb that Yellow Diamond had decreed be unleashed on the earth.
Flash forward several thousand years, and there are only a handful of non-corrupted gems on earth, Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst, Lapis, and Steven. Now take Greg’s quote in The Return when he describes the Gem War’s conclusion:

• “In the end, your mother could only save a handful of her closest friendsIf it weren’t for her shield, man, I don’t know.”

The Gem Bomb, probably meant to completely kill gems, had an unforeseen alternate effect; Gem Corruption. The bomb released an epic shockwave that traveled across the planet, ripping through every gem it touched, corrupting them to their very core. The only gems that were exempt from the effects were those closest to Rose Quartz, both socially and physically. 
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? Tumblr_inline_o7j6kfVo3D1sh70wm_540
Rose’s shield blocked a concentrated blast from the Hand Ship in The Return, meaning it could probably protect those behind it from a planet-wide blast that would be much less concentrated. The shield protected Garnet, Pearl, and Rose herself, while every other gem on the planet, save for Amethyst and Lapis, succumbed to the bomb. The remaining Crystal Gems began to sweep the planet, poofing and bubbling their friends, storing them in the temple until they could find a cure for the bomb’s effects.
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? Tumblr_inline_o7j6u9XaKa1sh70wm_500
Then, on a visit to the Kindergarten, a wild Amethyst appears! Having stayed underground too long, she didn’t emerge until the Gem Bomb’s effects had dissipated. The Crystal Gems then take her in, as surely there can’t be any other non-corrupted gems on earth.
Lapis was exempt from the blast too. Why though?
[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? Tumblr_inline_o7j71arZ7U1sh70wm_540
Her mirror, designed to keep her imprisoned, acted as a shield of it’s own and protected Lapis from the bomb. What she saw as a curse was actually the only reason she remained uncorrupted. Which makes me wonder… is the Desert Glass from Steven’s Lion the same? How many other gems were spared due to Homeworld imprisonment? Only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life?   [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 12:55 pm

bump!
Back to top Go down
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

Favorite Gem : Garnet, Pearl and Peridot

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life?   [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 1:05 pm

I don't even know how I missed this theory.

I actually really like this theory - it's great! Because it is evident that the explosion we saw is one we had heard of through Greg and these pieces of the theory fit very nicely together. I would say the mirror saved Lapis, too. It was an unfortunate imprisonment to be sure, but in the end, she may have existed otherwise. So even though she hated it and hates it to this day, this could be a silver lining.

If Lapis is a "reporter" gem like people are suggesting, she can definitely give us much clearer pictures (than Pearl) in what was going on during the war. And images that may not be biased. So thanks, mirror!
Back to top Go down
https://crystalgemuniverse.forummotion.com
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond
Sardonyx
Social Media Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life?   [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 1:17 pm

I wonder if she'll ever realize that as much as she hated the mirror and all the pain that it caused her, that it was her saving grace.
Back to top Go down
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life?   [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Sardonyx wrote:
I wonder if she'll ever realize that as much as she hated the mirror and all the pain that it caused her, that it was her saving grace.

That's a good question. I have no idea if the Crewniverse would bring up something like this but it is definitely something to think about. And who knows - they totally might!
Back to top Go down
Peridorito
Crystal Gem
Peridorito

Favorite Gem : PERIDOT AND STEVEN

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life?   [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 2:35 pm

Actually if I'm not mistaken it has 100% been confirmed that the Desert Glass' body is in fact the pillow. A gem can take many different forms. Corrupted gems just seem to not be sure of their holographic manifestation and some forms are just simply very abstract. Similar to the Pyramid Temple, since that was its 'body' aswell.

One quick theory though regarding Lapis' mirror.

Lapis = Rose Quartz
In what way?
Steven = Lapis' Mirror

It's very clear that when a gem is embedded into another object, it merges some of its digital information with whatever it can grasp. (As to why Steven had those glowy veins and why he can fuse) Now, people are theorising that if Steven's gem is extracted, everything will be fine and dandy. Wrong. When a gem is extracted, the object takes sudden physical damage due to its data being separated from its source, deeming it useless.

Example?

https://youtu.be/nc_2xTwKIFY?t=56

Also sorry from going off topic from this theory, but I actually do think that if a gem is embedded, any third party data (this case being the corruption... thingy) is blocked perhaps.

Oh crap, what if they Corrupt once again and everyone but Steven is corrupted?! o-o That'd be so traumatic!
Back to top Go down
Garnet
Founder
Members Diamond

Garnet
FounderMembers Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life?   [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 2:48 pm

PeriDorito wrote:
Actually if I'm not mistaken it has 100% been confirmed that the Desert Glass' body is in fact the pillow. A gem can take many different forms. Corrupted gems just seem to not be sure of their holographic manifestation and some forms are just simply very abstract. Similar to the Pyramid Temple, since that was its 'body' aswell.

Lapis = Rose Quartz
In what way?
Steven = Lapis' Mirror

It's very clear that when a gem is embedded into another object, it merges some of its digital information with whatever it can grasp. (As to why Steven had those glowy veins and why he can fuse) Now, people are theorising that if Steven's gem is extracted, everything will be fine and dandy. Wrong. When a gem is extracted, the object takes sudden physical damage due to its data being separated from its source, deeming it useless.

Example?

Also sorry from going off topic from this theory, but I actually do think that if a gem is embedded, any third party data (this case being the corruption... thingy) is blocked perhaps.

Oh crap, what if they Corrupt once again and everyone but Steven is corrupted?! o-o That'd be so traumatic!

You're a very clever cookie. I'll comment more when I can.
Back to top Go down
Peridorito
Crystal Gem
Peridorito

Favorite Gem : PERIDOT AND STEVEN

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life?   [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 3:41 am

Rose Quartz wrote:
PeriDorito wrote:

Lapis = Rose Quartz
In what way?
Steven = Lapis' Mirror

Example?

You're a very clever cookie. I'll comment more when I can.

Aw thanks xD but I was actually wrong about something that came to mind after I checked it this morning though. >.<

The Pyramid Temple was actually being powered by the Obelisk Gem. Maybe Gems can be used to extend their holographic capacity in order to form structures? OH! Getting carried away again xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life?   [Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Theory] Did being trapped in the mirror save Lapis's Life?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1